Pages 4 and 5

The next page I would have as a cut out of the page so the child is able to look through the door as Ronald would. I decided to use the wooden texture to suggest that this is the door to the Animal’s house and that Ronald is bigger than this. 

Page 4

The mystery is the element of this page which is created with the dark lighting I added through photoshop in order to make it appear as though Ronald is looking in on something secret. 

The design of the words on this page also suggest that something exciting is happening, a feature which is used in a number of children’s books, including The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 

The page then opens to the next, which then reveals the party with the Forest animals which are in the party. 

Page 5

The page would reveal the animals partying around the cake which is shown on the front cover. The Children are introduced to the animals like this because I wanted them to experience it the same as Ronald. 

As I didnt have a glitter ball, I got this from the internet at http://www.solarsystemscope.com/nexus/textures/texture_pack/assets/preview_sun.jpg

I like how both pages link together and the reader experiences the narrative as Ronald would in the story, this is an element which is familiar with childrens books and with Bears Like Cake too, it also is a feature which works.